Christopher R. Nelson
Christopher Nelson is an associate at Epport, Richman & Robbins, LLP. Mr. Nelson specializes in creatively solving his clients’ most difficult and complex problems. Mr. Nelson has extensive experience representing corporate clients in commercial disputes, corporate governance lawsuits and securities litigation. Mr. Nelson has successfully defended multiple corporate clients during all stages of litigation, including trial, arbitration and appeals, many times receiving judgments in his clients’ favor at the pleading and summary judgment stages.
Mr. Nelson has also represented clients in a wide array of bankruptcy-related matters. He has defended creditors’ rights during all stages of bankruptcy litigation, successfully helping creditors preserve their rights by objecting to multiple Chapter 11 plans and opposing attempts by debtors and trustees to reduce millions of dollars of his clients’ claims. Mr. Nelson has also acted as lead counsel in several adversary proceedings in bankruptcy courts, receiving judgments in favor of his clients on non-dischargeability actions, preferential transfer actions and other bankruptcy-related litigation.
Prior to working at Epport, Richman & Robbins, LLP, Mr. Nelson worked at a law firm in Washington, DC. After graduating from law school and prior to practicing law, Mr. Nelson operated a software design business.
- Received an arbitration award and an award of attorneys’ fees in defense of a corporate director and general contracting company in a multi-million dollar director liability case for breach of fiduciary duty involving a hotel construction contract.
- Received arbitration award finding no fault in defense of Registered Investment Advisor in securities fraud case involving pre-IPO sale of Facebook shares.
- Defended leaseholder family business in action against the City of Fresno involving lease to urban mall; matter settled out of court.
- Received pretrial preliminary injunction appointing receiver over gas station and commercial strip mall; matter resolved through non-judicial foreclosure.
- Brought successful action and received judgment for prescriptive easement involving Waadt Appliances, Inc. in land dispute with American Professional Ambulance Company.
- Successfully defended court-appointed receiver, receiving a finding of no fault and full payment of receiver’s fees, in matter brought against him for wrongful retention of funds by Central Contra Costa Sanitary District, Santa Clara Valley Water District, the City of Sebastopol, Old Republic Surety Company and Lincoln General Insurance Company.
- Successfully defended multiple lender liability actions on behalf of several financial institutions.
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit