Steven C. Huskey
Mr. Huskey handles a majority of the complex real estate, corporate and transactional matters at Epport, Richman & Robbins, LLP, as well as strategic planning of start-up and developing companies, including entity selection and structuring, investor relationships, purchase and sales of businesses and their assets, and protection of intellectual property. Mr. Huskey has more than 20 years of experience representing both lenders and borrowers in originating and refinancing loans of all types, including drafting loan documents for institutional as well as hard money lenders, and represents both sellers and buyers of real property, loans and businesses, and both landlords and tenants of commercial property. Mr. Huskey also represents clients forming and operating businesses in the entertainment industry, including television, motion picture, DVD and concert productions, music licensing, casting studios, and website design.
Additionally, Mr. Huskey represents a variety of commercial enterprises and individuals in business litigation and dispute resolution.
- Prepared Bank loan documents for multi-million dollar loan secured by commercial property.
- Prepared construction loan documents for hard money lender for construction of luxury home in Beverly Hills.
- Advised purchaser and negotiated and drafted amendment to Purchase and Sale Agreement regarding adjustments and delay in entitlement process for multi-family residential development project in Northern California.
- Drafted and negotiated Purchase and Sale Agreement of farmland, with leaseback to one of the tenant in common owners.
- Prepared and negotiated Purchase and Sale Agreement of commercial real property conditioned on lease with anchor tenant, which was also prepared and negotiated.
- Prepared and negotiated sale of membership interests in limited liability company which owns commercial property.
- Prepared Participation Agreement for joint lenders on a real estate secured $30 million loan.
- Prepared loan documents including a Term Note and Line of Credit feature for institutional lender in Los Angeles.
- Prepared and negotiated Loan Modification Agreement and Intercreditor Agreement permitting Borrower to obtain $10,000,000 junior loan, while cross-collateralizing six properties in three different states.
- Represented medical professionals throughout competitive bidding and SBA loan financing processes in their purchase of Santa Monica medical office building in which they were tenants.
- Central District of California
- Eastern District of California
- Northern District of California
- Southern District of California
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States Supreme Court