Laura E. McSwiggin
Laura E. McSwiggin is a partner at Epport, Richman & Robbins, LLP, heavily experienced in the practice of complex litigation. With over twenty years of experience, Ms. McSwiggin’s practice includes commercial, financial and employment litigation for major local and national clients. Ms. McSwiggin regularly handles complex and class litigation including securities fraud, intellectual property, unfair business practices and breach of fiduciary duty. In addition, she has substantial experience in the realm of employment litigation including wage and hour, discrimination and wrongful termination disputes. Ms. McSwiggin is often asked to advise companies of all sizes on internal procedures, policies and agreements regarding employee hiring, termination, severance, and benefits negotiations.
- Prevailed at non-suit on $17 million Uniform Commercial Code dispute. McIntyre v. US Bank (JCCP No. 2967), Los Angeles Superior Court Case. No. SC 058640.
- Zero payment defense settlement on $10 million Uniform Commercial Code dispute. Arnold W. Klein, MD v. Khilji, Excel Bank, et.al, U.S. Bankruptcy Court (C.D. CA), Case No. 2:11-bk-12718-RN.
- Zero payment confidential defense settlement on merger/acquisition-related breach of contract and fraud action.
- Favorable defense settlement in multi-million class action involving Ponzi scheme case against bank officer. Gilbert v. Cohn, Consolidated 4-Star Fraud Cases, Los Angeles Superior Court Case No. BC 310846.
- Favorable confidential defense settlement in anti-trust action involving the communications industry.
- Favorable confidential defense settlement in action filed by animal rights activists against officers/directors of celebrity restaurant.
- Favorable confidential defense settlement in network royalty dispute on against television personality.
- Favorable confidential defense settlement in $20 million trade secret misappropriation action involving commercial food chemistry and processing secrets.
- Central District of California
- Eastern District of California
- Northern District of California
- Southern District of California
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States Supreme Court