Nami R. Kang
Nami Kang is an associate at Epport, Richman & Robbins, LLP, representing businesses and individuals in a wide array of litigation matters including conflicts over trust management, bankruptcy matters, title defense and claims arising from breach of contract and other business torts. Ms. Kang provides responsive representation and has worked on cases in both state and federal courts.
Ms. Kang received her Bachelor of Arts Degree in English from the University of California, Berkeley, in 1999. She received her Juris Doctor from the University of California, Hastings College of the Law in 2003 where she served as Symposium Editor for the Hastings Law Journal. During law school, Ms. Kang was a judicial extern for the Honorable Kathleen T. Lax, United States Bankruptcy Court Judge, in the Central District of California.
- Defended a health insurance association from quasi-class action unlawful competition claims, securing a dismissal with prejudice before a dispositive motion had to be filed.
- Defended an international social network from trademark and copyright infringement claims.
- Favorable confidential defense settlement in action involving alleged encroachment of property based on equitable easement.
- Successfully resolved lawsuit involving property boundary dispute by negotiating a lot line adjustment.
- Successfully defended lenders against TILA and RESPA claims.
- Second-chaired a bench trial involving fraudulent reconveyance of title.
- Brought an action for partition and breach of fiduciary duty involving a multi-family rental property; matter settled out of court with favorable terms.
- Successfully brought an action against a municipality to set aside a tax sale and tax deed resulting in a stipulated judgment.
- Defended a limited liability company against a breach of contract claim involving the incomplete sale of a multi-million dollar investment property matter.