Kimia Sehati is an associate at Epport, Richman & Robbins, LLP, experienced in a range of commercial and business related litigation matters, which include complex civil litigation, contract disputes, negligence, and fraud. Ms. Sehati has represented clients in both state and federal courts. Ms. Sehati was selected for inclusion in the list of the 2021 Super Lawyers – Rising Stars.
Ms. Sehati received a Bachelors of Arts in Political Science and a Bachelor of Arts in Communication Studies from the University of California, Los Angeles, where she graduated cum laude, was on the Dean’s Honor List, and awarded Phi Beta Kappa recognition. Ms. Sehati received her Juris Doctor from Loyola Law School in Los Angeles in 2011, where she graduated cum laude and Order of the Coif, ranking in the top 10% of her graduating class and section. While in law school, Ms. Sehati was on the Dean’s Honor List, and a member of the St. Thomas Moore Law Honor Society, and a member of the Alpha Sigma Nu Honor Society. Ms. Sehati was a recipient of the Faculty Academic Scholarship for academic excellence. Ms. Sehati also served as a judicial extern for the Honorable Margaret M. Morrow, United States District Court Judge, in the Central District of California, and an extern for the Journalist Law School at Loyola Law School. Ms. Sehati was admitted to the California State Bar and United States District Court for the Central District of California in 2011. She is a member of the Los Angeles County Bar Association.
- Represented Limited Liability Partnership in multiple breach of contract suits against former business clients, resulting in a satisfactory settlement.
- Represented shareholders in closely-held corporation in litigation alleging breach of fiduciary duties, fraud, and breach of contract by majority shareholder.
- Defended physician in breach of marketing contract, resulting in a satisfactory settlement.
- Defended retail owner in suit alleging fraud and breach of contract, resulting in a satisfactory settlement.
- Represented property owner in disputes with contractors over construction of multi-million dollar investment property.
- Assisted property owner in transaction matters for change of property management company for hundreds of apartment units.
- Defended client in domestic dispute involving alleged breach of contract, resulting in a satisfactory settlement.
- Represented clients in a conservatorship, probate petitions, restraining orders, and other probate matters.